We serve the world's largest distributors, such as Grainger, Wesco, Industrial Distribution Group, and ThermoFisher Scientific; Caterpillar dealers; as well as hundreds of mid-size and small distributors and equipment dealers. Our distribution coverage spans all major segments: industrial, electrical, building products, medical, fasteners, fluid power, paper & packaging, plumbing/HVAC, chemicals, food.
Our Fluid Power customers include
- Parker Hannifin
- Livingston & Haven
- Air Hydro Power
- Anderson Pump
- Dakota Fluid Power
- Iowa Fluid Power
- Ozark Fluid Power
- and more...
Top Strategic Pricing Opportunities in Fluid Power
- Are you getting properly compensated for your value-added services such as assembling components into finished goods?
- Different customers have different cost-to-serve, are your sales people needlessly giving away margin on some orders?
- Are you optimizing your prices in your manufacturer mandated price ranges product segments?
Leverage SPA to Price Value Added Fluid Power Products
- Multiple components that are combined to create 1 kit.
- Components are individual finished goods, either stock or non stock items.
- Leverage the SPA pricing cube to price each component.
- Combine the SPA price for each component to create a kit price.
- Header price for the customer = Kit price.
- P21 standard system setting allows a company to either price at component or header, located in assembly maintenance menu settings.
Top Benefits of Strategic Pricing in Fluid Power
- Creates volume lift opportunities
- Fuels profitable growth
- Identify margin lift opportunities
- Adapt to the competitive threats in your market
- Leverages your market strengths and value differentiators
Fluid Power Distributor's Success Stories
Livingston & Haven
"This whole new way of thinking about pricing has allowed us to change the direction of our margin percentage. Our process requires sales people to get pricing adjustment approval from someone on the management team and that little delay often allows them the opportunity to think about the value we provide and justify the L&H price in their own mind."
Bob Decker, Director Strategic Initiatives - Livingston & Haven
Air Hydro Power
"Nothing that we have done in our business model has produced the kind of results we see with Strategic Pricing Associates' price process. It has interacted with every fiber of the way we see ourselves in the market. And, it has been responsible for moving us into the high performance side of the association's Profit Analysis Report (PAR)."
Matt Ott, Owner - Air Hydro Power
In October of 2004, six Parker Distributors embarked on a twelve month journey to implement a Strategic Pricing discipline in their businesses. This was the beginning of the Parker Distributor Strategic Pricing Program conducted by David Bauders of Strategic Pricing Associates.
David was just finishing a four year contract with Parker Hannifin to implement Strategic Pricing at all of its manufacturing divisions. An article on the front page of the Wall Street Journal on March 23, 2007 described Parker’s major success story of increased profits through Strategic Pricing.
The original six distributors have all become high financial performers, as compiled by the NFPDA. Today forty-five Parker distributors are participating in the program, with more scheduled to start later this year.
Twelve Parker Distributors presented their Strategic Pricing success stories to Parker executives in Cleveland, OH during their Graduation from the program. The annual sales of these distributors ranged from $12 million to over $70 million. Collectively, these twelve distributors are projected to earn $9 million in additional pricing profits in the first year of implementation. A review of the Strategic Pricing Results for these distributors shows that each company earned a significant ROI.
Hear what our distribution and manufacturing clients have to say about how Strategic Pricing improved their profitability.
Read real life case studies on how manufacturing and distribution companies are working with SPA to leverage their own unique pricing opportunity.