The following are a collection of articles authored by SPA, Frank Hurtte, a 30-year veteran in the distribution industry, who shares his insights into pricing strategy and lessons learned from strategic pricing events, and 3rd party articles featuring SPA or our clients.
Pricing Strategy Articles
- Price Increase: If Not Now, When?
- Are Profit Vampires Sucking Your Blood?
- The Future of Knowledge-based Distribution
- It's happening again: Big Manufacturers Tightening Up their Supply Chain
- An Interview with Tony Perzow - Negotiation Strategy Expert
- Are your salespeople headed to a knife fight with fingernail clippers?
- Pricing Process appears to be a Top Secret Strategy
- Pricing Professional – The time has come
- CIO Review Selects SPA as one of 20 Most Promising Epicor Solutions Providers
- A chat with a Six Sigma Master Black Belt on Pricing
- Strange Inheritances
- In Search of the Magic Number
- A Pricing Tale: Old Joe
- Kris Kringle's Executive Meeting
- Knowledge–based Distributors Save Santa
- Why do they buy?
- What do your people believe about your company's profitability?
- Event Recap: SPA Mastering Strategic Pricing in a New Economy Seminar in Chicago, IL June 6, 2014
- Event Recap: SPA Strategic Pricing Conference in Las Vegas, NV May 1, 2014
- Event Recap: SPA Strategy Seminar in Ft. Lauderdale, FL February 7, 2014
- The SPA Pricing Cube™ - The Best Investment in Wholesale Distribution
- Inside SPA - An Interview with Brad Mack
- Are We Crazy or What? 2014 Pricing Strategy
- Frank Hurtte - Strategic Pricing
- Are You a Discount Shop?
- The Non-price Benefits of a Pricing Process
- Westwater Supply Company: Deep roots, bright future and a pricing process
- The Best Payback in the Distribution World
- Why Do We Exist
- You can't cheerlead your people to pricing success
- Shifts in thinking during a fast economy
- Highlights from the SPA Strategy Seminar
- The Livingston & Haven Story
- The Competitors and you: How do you differ?
- The List Price Question: Is it possible to charge more than list price?
- An Interview with Dolores Bauders
Third Party Articles
- Price Increases: the time, the place and the skills
- Are you really managing gross margin?
- Breaking Through - How to Get Customers to Pay More
- New South Construction Supply: High standards yield high results - At New South Construction Supply, only the best is good enough.
- Seeking Perfect Prices, CEO Tears Up the Rules - Parker's Washkewicz Weighs Market Power Of 800,000 Parts
- Making Money with Small Customers: Defeating the Profit Drag - When managed properly, small customers can be served profitably
- Seizing the Pricing Opportunity Before Someone Else Does - David Bauders of Strategic Pricing Associates Discusses the Realities of Pricing Improvement in B2B
Distribution Center Magazine
Industrial Supply Magazine
Contractor Supply Magazine
The Wall Street Journal
Modern Distribution Management
The PricingBrew Journal
(Access to this subscriber-only PricingBrew interview is provided compliments of SPA for a limited time.)